CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Strange Fame

One of my Spanish teachers is randomly famous. She teaches my Literature class and her name is Heusinkveld. Not a common name for Hispanic experts, right?

Well I was reading my Spanish Business textbook and the author was droning on about quantifying and describing Hispanic business practices and culture and he says something along the lines of "Its very difficult, but some researchers have tried to do it (Perez, Fuentes, Aguilera, Heusinkveld, Guiterrez, and Lopez)" So, that definitely has to be my teacher. Honestly, there are no other Hispanic researchers by that name. I went to class and showed her and she went on an ego trip for like 10 minutes which is hilarious, because she's this very polite, soft-spoken Iowa lady. She said stuff like, "Well, I am known in certain circles." and "I've been in this business a while." Awesomeness.

Other awesome quotes from Spanish teachers: My Argentinian Film teacher was saying (in spanish) that all the South American constitutions are based on ours... "the Philadelphia one." She even said that bit in English. I laughed.

I have some fame too. A stranger posted today on my Book Club blog. It was actually a reply to one of Miranda's posts, but still. People know me.

Vote Obama.

0 comments: