CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Homeless!!

I had an unfortunate experience Thursday. It all started off nice enough, the weather was beautiful, my day ended early, my book was waiting. I decided to take my book outside and enjoy some of the sunshine. I quickly jumped into some comfy clothes and scampered downstairs barefooted, armed only with my cell phone, book and a bottle of water.

My roomie, Mary was in the living room with a friend, so as I darted out the door I asked her not to lock the door.

I read my book and sipped on my water for about 45 minutes before the sun started to go down and my 1 liter ran dry. I picked my way across the parking lot and up to my door.

Locked.

knock, knock.


KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK.


Dammit. Call Mary.

Ring, ring, ring, voicemail.

Come On!

I text my other two roomies. Both are in class for another 2 hours. And now, I have to pee. Crap!

So I call Michelle and I'm all, "Um could you just jump in the car and take me to your place immediately?" And she does because she's awesome.

Poor Michelle drives up and I'm sitting on my front stoop, barefooted and forlorn and fidgeting trying not to think about the liter of water I've consumed in the last hour. So I splain everything to her and to her roomie Kate and Kate's comment is, "We take in homeless people here. That's how we got Erica." And it's true. Erica was supposed to be in Germany this semester, but it fell through and she didn't have a home. So she moved in with Kate and Michelle. Because they are a homeless shelter.

1 comments:

miranda. said...

At least it wasn't 3am with a foot of snow outside.