CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 12, 2007

The Knight of Maison-Rouge

Yet another lovely book by Dumas. There was somewhat less violence and more gushy lovey-dovey stuff in this than in some of the others, but the characters were also less tortured.

Except Marie Antoinnette. She pretty much suffers in everything. But thats what happens to rulers during Revolutions.

Anyway, I particularly liked the ending, because most everybody was killed off. That's the proper way to end stories. It stays off my ending remorse. That sadness from losing touch with the characters while they continue to live out their lives. Its better they die. Truly, for my sake.

My only complaint about this one is that it required me to have a much deeper knowledge of French history than I have (or really care to have). Luckily my copy had an extensive notes section to catch me up. Although all the flipping made me feel kind of stupid. Eh, the French.

So Dumas stays in my Top 5 Favorite Authors for the time being.
Next on deck: Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham

Vote Obama.

0 comments: